Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. We want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. We have reopened and are here to assist you in scheduling your needed periodontal care. If your appointment was canceled during our COVID-19 closure and you have yet to reschedule this appointment, please contact our office directly at (314) 434-4676.
Our staff has always operated at or above the recommendations of the CDC, and we will make every effort possible to keep our patients and staff healthy. Because of these recommendations, you will see some changes on your upcoming visit to our office:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will make every effort to minimize your travel through the office and time spent in the waiting room
- Our staff will be wearing masks and additional PPE.
- We have removed items from our reception area that are difficult to disinfect like magazines and newspapers.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps